Explore Austin is now accepting Mentor applications!
If you would like to join Explore Austin as a mentor, please do the following:
- Read through these informational slides
- Complete a background check. NOTE: The password is exploreaustin and the cost is $18.
- Email your resume to [email protected]
The Mentor volunteer position includes:
- Ongoing volunteer opportunity with a 3-6 year commitment
- Regular programming one Saturday a month during the academic year and one week in the summer
- Direct mentoring to 15 Austin-area teens, alongside 4 co-Mentors
- Outdoor activities taught by professional Trip Leaders including rock climbing, mountain biking, canoeing, backpacking, and hiking
- Involvement in a strong community of 100+ fellow Mentors
- Live in Austin
- Have a love of the outdoors (or want to cultivate one!)
- Are committed and caring
- Have experience working with youth
- Hold a strong desire to give back
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Are flexible and positive in the face of unexpected weather or a week in the backcountry
Alternatively, if you:
- Have experience instructing rock climbing, mountain biking, navigation, canoeing, or hiking
- Want to introduce your skills and passions to those who might not otherwise get the chance, and get paid to do it
- Want to work part-time on Saturdays and in the summer
- Want to connect with our Explorers and Mentors
Our paid Trip Leader position may be a better fit for you! Check out the job description and application process HERE.