DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR VISTA
Passionate about the outdoors? Even more passionate about your community? Explore Austin pairs youth from low-income communities (Explorers) with caring and committed adult mentors, and we’re looking for a VISTA to help us ensure our over 300 Explorers continue to thrive.
Join us for a year starting this July to help us invigorate our storytelling strategies and develop the systems to keep our donor support going strong!
At Explore, our culture is warm, welcoming, and tenacious. We hustle. We are action-oriented, courageous, excellent teammates and strong communicators. We believe it takes diversity of thought and varying lived experiences to generate the best ideas and ensure we are always adapting and growing to meet community needs.
*Accepting applications from August 27 – October 1, 2021. Application link HERE. Start date is November 8th, 2021 for a one-year term.
VISTA members are full-time volunteers at nonprofit agencies. They help to improve health services, create and evaluate programs, strengthen community groups, conduct outreach, and much, much more. With passion, commitment, and hard work, VISTA members and their service sites create, implement, expand, and improve programs designed to bring individuals and communities out of poverty.
At Explore Austin, you’ll support development by creating systems to support Explore Austin’s storytelling efforts, developing and coordinating a new grants prospecting system, and stewarding small-dollar and monthly giving donors–and enjoying the great outdoors.
This position works under the supervision of the Director of Development and has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Create systems to support Explore Austin’s storytelling efforts;
- Collect data through surveys to better understand Explore Austin’s constituents;
- Develop and coordinate a new grants prospecting system;
- Engage in grant writing and secure in-kind donations;
- Cultivate and steward donors of $500 or less and monthly giving donors;
- Streamline and support a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign;
- Assist in coordinating small or third party campaigns as needed.
The Development Coordinator VISTA is expected to work closely with and synthesize expectations from Development, Executive, and Program staff in order to create the best possible processes and tools to achieve goals for all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to job responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create sustainable strategies, processes, and systems from scratch with limited resources
- Ability to track multiple processes and follow-up accordingly
- Versatility, flexibility, a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in youth development and/or outdoor education
- Ability to work in a variety of weather outdoors including the ability to lift 40 lbs.
For more information on AmeriCorps: willread.org/vista