COMMITMENT TO EXPLORE AUSTIN
Each mentor, parent and Explorer must sign this commitment form. This is a set of promises we make teach other in order to reach our goals of developing leadership skills, working as a team and building strong character qualities.
Without taking shortcuts, we fully commit to the EXPLORE AUSTIN program in the following ways:
- I will treat my fellow Explorers as teammates.
- I will develop and practice strong leadership skills.
- I will be open to learning new ideas and experiencing new things.
- I will attend the EXPLORE AUSTIN summer wilderness trip every summer.
- I will attend and participate enthusiastically in all EXPLORE AUSTIN Saturday Challenges. If I miss two events in a single year, I forfeit my Summer Wilderness Trip.
- I will arrive at the scheduled time for such activities and remain with my fellow Explorers and mentors during the duration of the activity. Explore is not responsible for any Explorers after the posted pick-up time.
- I will be honest about my actions and accept responsibility when I make mistakes.
- I will always, work, think and behave in the best way I know how, and will do whatever it takes for my fellow Explorers and myself to learn. This means that I will always listen to my mentors and all my fellow Explorers and give everyone my respect.
- I will always behave so as to protect the safety, interests, and the rights of all individuals during the school year and on the Summer Wilderness Trip.
- I will not bring any electronic devices to Explore Austin events. Doing so, would result in the device being taken away and not returned.
I understand that if these commitments are not met, I will receive consequences, including possible removal from the EXPLORE AUSTIN program.
I will help my child in the best way I know how, and I will do whatever it takes to help my child meet EXPLORE AUSTIN’s expectations and requirements.